Saturday, February 10, 2007

Quick note in an article in Westworld


I just found out that an article in the Alberta Motos Association's magzine "Westworld" had a quick mention of the Vanishing Sentinels project in their February 2007 issue.

I had submitted a photo of a grain elevator for a contest they were holding, and gave them the address of this blog. A fellow from Edmonton, Alberta mentioned it to me, and I got the article yesterday. To put it mildy, I was very surprised and happy to see it!

It's nice to see that there is a rising interest in grain elevators across Alberta.

For more information on the project, please check out my webpage at:
http://web.mac.com/difdbs/iWeb/Vanishing%20Sentinels/Home.html

I am going to be adding some additions to it soon, primarily drawings of how an early elevator operated.

I am also going to be doing a speech up in Edmonton on March 20th. Details to follow as I get them!