Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mossleigh Alberta Elevators

When I was in Nanton over the weekend for their Trains, Plains and Elevator event... I decided to stop off at Mossleigh, which is north of Vulcan to do some more photos of the three Parrish and Heimbecker elevators there. After seeing that the elevators were in not so great condition, I decided to finally get them done up as paper models. 

I was always worried about doing up a loxstave annex, since it is octagonal (eight sided), but to my surprise, I got the body correct on the first try, but had to slightly modify the roof so it would fit properly.

This is the layout of the three elevators if you saw them from Highway 24. To the left is the original Parrish and Heimbecker, middle is a Pioneer / P&H, and the right is a Searle / P&H with a loxstave annex.

This would be looking at the elevators from the north: Searle / P&H, Pioneer / P&H, and the Parrish and Heimbecker.

An angled look at all three.